Contact the Adams County Election Office at 720-523-6500 with questions
NEW REGISTRATION RULES WERE ADOPTED, AS REQUIRED BY HB 1303, ADOPTED IN 2013 BY THE LEGISLATURE. All future elections will be done by mail ballots. Voters have the option of returning their ballot by mail, by taking it to a drop-off location or taking it to a Voter Service or Polling Center in their County. They may also vote in person at one their County's Voter Service of Polling Centers.
· Citizen of the United States
· Resident of the state of Colorado for at least 22 days
· At least 16 years old, with understanding that you must be 18 years old to be eligible to vote
· Provide a valid Colorado Driver’s License or Colorado ID card OR present one of the acceptable forms of identification for voting
How to Register
Registering for the first time in Colorado
Up to 22 days prior to the election
· Register by mail
· Register through a Driver’s License Examination Facility
· Register through a Voter Registration Drive (VRD)
Up to 8 days prior to the Election
· State of Colorado online voter registration site
In-Person at any time during which registration is permitted including Election Day
· In-person at your County Clerk’s office
· In-person at a Voter Service Center in your County
Change of Address for voters registered in Colorado
· By mail with a letter or a form furnished by the County Clerk and received no later than the 8th day before the election
· State of Colorado On-line Voter Registration System by the 8th day before the election
· In-person at any time during which registration is permitted including Election Day
· Appear in-person at any time when open, including on Election Day, at
o Your County Clerk’s Office, or
o A Voter Service and Polling Center in your county of residence.
Voters may check their registration at www.govotecolorado.com
Mail-in forms are available at government offices, libraries and registration drives sponsored by groups and employers. Forms may also be accessed on the websites for the Secretary of State, County Clerks, or League of Women Voters of Colorado. Download yours now (via SoS site).
Online Voter Registration is possible if your signature is on record with a Colorado Government agency such as driver’s license, Colorado I.D. card, Medicaid, etc.
Acceptable Identification Forms
Identification is required for voting at all polling places. First time voters voting by mail may need to submit identification. Acceptable ID forms are:
· Valid Colorado driver’s license;
· Valid Colorado identification card;
· Valid U.S. passport;
· Employee identification card from a government agency with photo;
· Valid U.S. military card;
· Copy of current utility bill, paycheck or government check showing name and current address;
· FAA photo pilot’s license;
· Certified naturalization document;
· Valid Medicare or Medicaid card;
· Certified copy of birth certificate;
· Valid student ID card with photo;
· Valid veteran’s ID card;
· Valid ID card from a recognized tribal government.
You are registered if you voted in the last general election and have not moved, or if you have registered since that date. If you have moved, you are required to change your address with your County Clerk.
(To Verify Your Voter Registration Information and other election information) http://www.sos.state.co.us
*All links on this site are provided for your convenience only. The League of Women Voters of Colorado or of Adams County exercises no control of the information or opinions contained on them. Provision of these links does not indicate an endorsement of their contents by the LWVCO or LWVAC.